Re: httpd-2.4.23 notice "No slotmem from mod_heartmonitor"

>> Activating mod_slotmem_shm (as a shared module) resolved this issue and
>> allowed httpd to start.  However, httpd now produces the following notice
>> on (successful) startup:
>>
>>     [Mon Jul 25 09:27:40.718810 2016] [lbmethod_heartbeat:notice] [pid
2345] AH02282: No slotmem from mod_heartmonitor

>> I'm wondering if there changes to the static modules included in the new
version's package.  The changelog
>> for httpd itself didn't suggest any changes between these two versions
that would cause configuration differences.

>I don't know about Apache and these modules, but in order for SHM to be
> avilable, you must run cygserver.

cygserver is running.

After doing some more research, I suspect that the issue may lie in
mod_lbmethod_heartbeat being compiled into httpd while depending on
mod_heartmonitor (apparently to provide slotmem).
mod_heartmonitor is not compiled into the build.  Thus, even if it is enabled
as a shared module, I think that it is loaded after mod_libmethod_heartbeat
and thus is not available when mod_libmethod_heartbeat starts.  If this is the
case, it makes sense that this notice appears.

If this is correct, the solution would appear to be compiling mod_heartmonitor
into the package as a static module.

-----

Dominic R. Jones, Ph.D.