This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
chere mintty window position
- From: Brent <yhbrent at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 21:51:57 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: chere mintty window position
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <308637801.11319327.1470693117361.JavaMail.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Brent <yhbrent at yahoo dot com>
I recently did a clean reinstallation of 32 bit cygwin, and as part of that, downloaded the chere package so that I could get Windows Explorer context menu bash here support.
I like my cygwin bash terminal windows to come up maximized by default.
So, my usual procedure the first time that I use the context menu bash here feature is to:
1) click on mintty's Windows square button in the top right to maximize the window
2) right click inside mintty --> Options... --> Window --> click on Current Size button
Doing that this time ALMOST works. When I try the context menu bash here feature now, the mintty window does come up greatly enlarged. BUT it is not correctly centered! It actually is shifted to the right by ~5 or so pixels! That means that the right side scroll bars, for example, are partly going off the right side of the screen. This is very annoying.
Is this a known bug with mintty?
Is there a fix?
I have one guess. This mintty page
says that it supports a
-p, --position X,Y
options, so something like
should do the trick. The question is how can I supply an option like that to mintty when it is opened by chere from a Windows Explorer context menu.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple