This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cygpath -w and .exe magic
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 14:35:43 +0000
- Subject: RE: cygpath -w and .exe magic
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <57C04920.email@example.com>
From: Herbert Stocker
> On 26.08.2016 15:19, Lee Dilkie wrote:
> > and break everyone who has existing code to take care of this?
> If it is done, it should be done as an additional option, i'd say.
Of course a new option, duh! ☺
But my feeble brain is failing to imagine a case where this
would break anything, unless the user solution would turn
a returned foo.exe into foo.exe.exe, which seems doubtful.