Re: Native symlinks and setup.exe

Thorsten,

That's a great pointer. I've just investigated using the `flex`
package as an example.
Untarring flex-2.6.1-1.tar.xz, usr/bin/flex++ is extracted as a Cygwin
symlink to usr/bin/flex.exe.
If I create a native symlink to flex.exe, tar it all up to a new tar
archive, then extract it somewhere else, the native symlink is
extracted as native, as expected.

So, when installing, the type of symlinks doesn't honor the CYGWIN
option since they are just unpacked by tar as is.

The question I'm proposing now - should `tar` be modified to honor the
CYGWIN option and automatically convert symlinks when extracting, if
necessary?

--Gene