Re: location of native rxvt binaries?

On 2016-10-06 17:57, nate wrote:
I have a new Windows 2008 R2 server I would like some basic cygwin tools
on, one of the most important is the native rxvt.

But it seems both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions of rxvt included
with cygwin as downloaded today are not native, but require X instead.

Correct. The native rxvt was heavily patched, and there was nobody interested in porting it to 64-bit or generally supporting it. Therefore, it was replaced with the ordinary X-based rxvt. The default terminal emulator, mintty, fills that role and then some, and is what you should be using instead if you don't want X11.

--
Yaakov