Re: ezmlm warning

On 2016.11.02 09:04, Eric Blake wrote:
On 11/02/2016 05:43 AM, Andrey ``Bass'' Shcheglov wrote:
Remote host said: 550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from is not accepted due to domain's > 550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of domain if > 550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit > 550-5.7.1 has already been doing this for a while, now is doing it too :(

In addition to the link you quoted:

here's another one:'s%20posts%20for%20DMARC%20policy%20reasons%3F

The problem is that the mailman instance running the cygwin mailing list (and ALL lists hosted by sourceware, for that matter) needs to be reconfigured to cope with stricter DMARC rules. I'm not an admin, so you will need to redirect this request to the postmaster that manages cygwin's mailman instance.

In the meantime, the only "workaround" is to subscribe to the list using an address that isn't quite as nasty about DMARC rules. It's sad that more and more sites are clamping down, but that's the price we pay for spammers.

I recently ran into the same problem sending to a KDE list. In my case, I was using a FROM: address, but actually sending through my ISP ( Sourceforge had the DMARC policy that mail claiming to be from should not be accepted if it came from anywhere else. I think the final solution was for them to drop that rule, since at least one of the uses of sourceforge is exactly that type of aliasing. I don't think gmail will do the same.

You are using a address, but it looks like you might have sent it from In this case, I suspect your only solution will be to actually send mail from using the smtp server.

Eric's suggestion to resubscribe from an address at a site which is less strict about DMARC rules would work, but I think the underlying issue will arise again, as long as you use an smtp server other than the one from the From: address you are using.