This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows 10 updates causes fork retry no child processes
- From: Marko Božiković <bozho at kset dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 09:12:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: Windows 10 updates causes fork retry no child processes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <581A0AA5.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: bozho at kset dot org
On 02/11/2016 15:47, Gerry Reno wrote:
> Is there some automated way I can stop Windows 10 updates from continuously causing these fork retry no child process
> issues after every damn update?
> We use an application based on Cygwin (2.6.0) on our clients that gets wrecked everytime a Windows 10 update occurs.
> The users have no idea about Cygwin because it's hidden from them so I cannot ask them to do anything with regard to Cygwin.
> Any ideas for an automated way to stop these errors would be appreciated.
If your clients are using Win10 Pro, you can still disable automatic update
download and install using Group Policy. Would that work for your scenario?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple