This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New Cygwin "setup" program useless on my Win-XP box. Not very nice at all.
- From: Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 13:23:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: New Cygwin "setup" program useless on my Win-XP box. Not very nice at all.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5820C561.email@example.com>
On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Rus wrote:
> I understand that Cygwin 2.5.2 was the last version that actually worked
> with Windows-XP.
> I tried to run the setup-x86.exe program, and it just fails. Quite
> unfortunate, as this
> will simply force me to abandon further usage of Cygwin.
> Short of messing around with the "Cygwin Time Machine", is there a simple
> way to just
> download some of the 2.5.2 source and/or the executables? (I need bzip2.exe,
> for example,
> and I find I only had gzip.exe installed. Arrrrgh.).
What "messing around" is there? I downloaded the setup.exe provided
from the time machine and installed cygwin on a freshly loaded XP-SP3
host without issue...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple