This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: TortoiseGit + Cygwin git: unified diff fails (cygheap read copy failed)
- From: Gene Pavlovsky <gene dot pavlovsky at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 15:01:48 +0300
- Subject: Re: TortoiseGit + Cygwin git: unified diff fails (cygheap read copy failed)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPTiy3PrDfaOOsuefgAh6q-RiCsHVYoy9bgtqSzwv5QRmRhquw@mail.gmail.com> <CAEhDDbB2=3F4xwgA7gg76WFw7+q7A=Wn-i866WGnZS-WgAyetQ@mail.gmail.com>
>> I'm using TortoiseGit with Cygwin git (Cygwin workarounds enabled in
>> advanced TortoiseGit settings). For the most part, everything works
> Although this is probably unrelated, I've had problems with
> TortoiseSVN and Cygwin's svn (not Git), because Tortoise uses DOS line
> endings (\r\n) whereas Cygwin programs use Unix line endings (\n).
TortoiseGit doesn't seem to have line endings-related problems (in
general), but who knows, maybe they missed a spot...
I'll post this issue to TortoiseGit's bug tracker. I wonder if anybody
else is using TortoiseGit with Cygwin's git and "Show changes as
unified diff" in TortoiseGit's log work for them?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple