This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Setup - Choose Best Mirror Automatically for Automated / Silent Installs
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: OwN-3m-All <own3mall at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 06:15:16 +0300
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Setup - Choose Best Mirror Automatically for Automated / Silent Installs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp1h.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <CAK0ZC5U9_tcsW_=EYEmfkHjWeEztOQ-ubjx9wqGdcWgrJyj4KQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> I'm trying to automate this as best as possible, and the only way to
> do so right now is to specify the mirror the setup utility uses by
> using something similar to:
> setup-x86_64.exe --site "http://cygwin.mirror.constant.com/"
> --quiet-mode --root "C:\dir" --local-package-dir "C:\dir\cygTemp"
> --packages "apache2"
> The problem with this is that it appears that mirror won't always work
> with each version of Windows (at least I think that's the case based
> on some strange behavior I'm seeing).
That can't be true. Simply because of how it works.
> Is there a way to have the setup automatically pick a site from the
> list of mirrors it downloads to use?
Just specify the mirror by hands.
If it doesn't work for some reason, find that reason and eliminate it.
With best regards,
Friday, November 18, 2016 06:14:06
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple