This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Setup - Choose Best Mirror Automatically for Automated / Silent Installs
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 19:08:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Setup - Choose Best Mirror Automatically for Automated / Silent Installs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK0ZC5U9_tcsW_=EYEmfkHjWeEztOQ-ubjx9wqGdcWgrJyj4KQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAK0ZC5VuH+V31J5JBctEzoB3=sJWurmqcHRw3pBtEO-A1Xf6Uw@mail.gmail.com> <871sy85yv3.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <CAK0ZC5Wbn+jDAb87Yc-FNPbWQwO0TVOGZn-JAKhng=AXb2atqQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAK0ZC5UOL-733KDp70Yy=72KNXVwW3W9BXceGKgYd7+w19JBXA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2016-11-18 18:48, OwN-3m-All wrote:
I'm not running Windows Defender or any software for that matter on
my test instance of Server 2008.
There will be retail workstation components not installed on Server,
and all bets are off for Enterprise Server: there will be components
not installed and possibly extra components installed for remote
admin, configuration, and updating.
Have you asked the admins or checked on the systems for policy settings
that could cause issues.
Most corporate servers I have used have all internet access blocked
by default, and often components disabled or not installed, so admins
have to add policies or install components to allow each access.
Might want to run a regular cygcheck on the setup exe on each system.
I tried running GDB, but the setup executable doesn't have any
debugging symbols. Is there a download link somewhere for the latest
compiled cygwin setup that includes these symbols?
GNU gdb (GDB) 126.96.36.19940303-cvs
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This binary was built by Equation Solution <http://www.Equation.com>...
Reading symbols from setup-x86_64.exe...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
I won't be able to debug it further unless I have that... I guess.
The original log I posted is what you get when I redirect the output
to a file with this at the very end of the command "> Cygwin64_Setup.log"
The original log you posted was what I would expect to see in
Retry with > Cygwin64_Setup.log 2>&1 to ensure you get stderr and stdout.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple