This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Standard LEX variable doesn't work in Make.
- From: Kaz Kylheku <kaz at kylheku dot com>
- To: Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:57:00 -0800
- Subject: Standard LEX variable doesn't work in Make.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm changing a FOSS project to rely more on standard Make
vars such as CC and CFLAGS and such: use $(CC) for
the compiler unless told otherwise, incorporate $(CFLAGS)
if it is defined, and so forth. This is friendly toward
distro package maintainers.
Anyway, even though my Cygwin installation has GNU Flex,
the lex command is nonexistent; thus the $(LEX) Make
Either LEX should go to "flex", or there should be a
If the installation has some sort of lex, the
predefined $(LEX) variable should resolve to it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple