This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fullscreen application with Cygwin/X in multiwindow mode
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: David Chamberlain <dc46and2 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 15:09:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: Fullscreen application with Cygwin/X in multiwindow mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHvVhSvJVtmNXQLxKNvhWUxH6MzCeaq-ZchCR9hcHk54yRDx3w@mail.gmail.com>
On 23/11/2016 17:24, David Chamberlain wrote:
I recently installed xinit and the PDF viewers Evince and Zathura. I'm
starting X via startxwin which puts it in multiwindow mode. Both of
the PDF viewers work fine, except when I press F11 to view a PDF
fullscreen, nothing changes.
Is this an inherent limitation of Cygwin/X, or a problem with my
config or these particular applications? Should it be possible to make
an X application fullscreen while running in multiwindow mode?
The multiwindow-mode window manager doesn't support or advertise support
for _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN, so this doesn't work at the moment.
So, technically I guess this an application/toolkit problem, as it
should notice that lack of support and e.g. grey-out the fullscreen
option in the menu.
But ideally this would be fixed by adding support for
_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN to the WM.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple