This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: php 7 upgrade -- segmentation fault
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 12:56:34 -0600
- Subject: Re: php 7 upgrade -- segmentation fault
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 2016-11-29 12:22, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
I can revert to php5 (insecure) and the problem is gone. I just performed
a full rebase which did nothing for this problem. Are you saying that on a
Windows 7 64 bit Home system with 32 bit cygwin you are not having any issues?
I was testing on Windows 10 Pro.
I found a solution that is not really satisfying. If I go into Windows
System Advanced Settings - Data Execution Prevention tab, and I explicitly
add php.exe to the list of DEP exceptions, I no longer have errors with preg_match().
Ah, that explains it. PHP 7 uses pcre's JIT functionality where 5.6 did
not. I guess you'd have the same problem with anything using a JIT.
You will have to handle such issues with DEP on your end.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple