"Copy until full" tool

Hello.

I've got a 2TB backup HD which is filled with several copies (at different times) of the same data; in other words, I could have the following directories:

Data20170117
Data20170110
Data20170103
Data20161220
User20170117
User20170110
User20170103
User20161220
DB20170117
DB20170110
DB20170103
DB20161220

Now I periodically need to copy this HD to another one, which is, alas, only 1TB. So I'd like to only transfer the most recent copies, either until the disk is full or by specifying a number of "copies" to keep. Of course the older ones should be deleted.

Think rsync (which I've been using extensibly), but with a size barrier.

I could try and write my custom script, but I'd hate to reinvent the wheel.
Does such a tool already exist in Cygwin?
Failing that, somewhere else?

Bonus for retrieving the original data via FTP, but that's not required.

 bye & Thanks
	av.