Re: Failed password for invalid user

On Mar  6 09:48, jesus san miguel wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
> Thanks for your answer, but I am using password-less authentication
> too (with public/private keys), so /etc/password is necessary, isn't
> it?

No!  Who told you that?  As long as you use the user account name
the way it's called in Cygwin (`getent passwd ...' is helpful), and
as long as you use it case-sensitive when logging in via ssh, you
doe't need /etc/passwd.  You only need this file to cover special
cases like using different names for the same user account.

Please have a look into http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html.

It's pretty much all explained there.  Well, except for the fact that
OpenSSH handles the username case-sensitive, but that's an OpenSSH
issue, not a Cygwin issue.

Corinna

Red Hat