bash -l not sourcing /etc/profile? (minor annoyance)

This is just a minor annoyance. When I start a mintty session and even if I type bash -l or basy -li, I don't get my /etc/profile sourced and I have to manually do it each time I log in. Any idea what's causing that?

Possibly related, sshd doesn't seem to be reading my ~/.ssh/authorized_keys because I have to type my password every time I ssh in.