Re: setup redownloads everything all the time, including the packages list, and also has a foolish UI

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Leif W <warp9pnt9@gmail.com> wrote:
> Click a category to expand it, now what you want is several screens down.

Generally these days users expect to type a bit into a search
box to filter the display, and cygwin setup supports that well.
When you use it that way, no scrolling is needed.

I've been using cygwin setup for ages, and it works well for me.
It takes about 30 seconds to install a small package if I've installed something
recently; somewhat longer if there have been updates in the meantime.

Are you on a very slow link?  And have you considered decaf?  :-)
- Dan