Re: Overlay repo on github

On 28/03/2017 19:03, Ivan Gagis wrote:
Ah, I see, even though I use http it still redirects to https...

Is it hard to add support for https? Any plans to do that?

No plans, but we take patches :)

On 03/28/2017 08:57 PM, David Stacey wrote:
On 28/03/17 18:21, Ivan Gagis wrote:
I'm trying to setup a cygwin overlay repo right on github, here:

https://github.com/igagis/cygwin-repo

But when I pass the repo URL to setup utility as follows:

http://github.com/igagis/cygwin-repo/raw/master/

it does not work. Setup utility tries to download setup.xz and just
stalls with 0% progress bar, and the only option is to Cancel the setup.

So, the question is what is wrong? Could there be some redirections
happening on github which the setup program does not support?

It looks like when using this 'raw content' URLs to github it works
as usual file tree, shouldn't it work?

This is because Cygwin's setup supports http but not https.