Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: cygextreg-1.2.0-1

Greetings, Joni Eskelinen!

> The following package has been added to the Cygwin distribution:

> * cygextreg-1.2.0-1

> Scripts are executed with bash

This must not be the case, unless explicitly requested. Enough that all Windows
associations are executed with cmd if you try to CreateProcess blindly. Don't
copy this mistake.

If you want to make it useful, write a thin wrapper over exec() that finds out
and runs proper interpreter, and support it with options to make interpreters
happy. F.e. convert $0 to Cygwin path, if interpreter don't understand native
paths (i.e. dash cringe over non-latin1 native paths and I yet to find out why).

> in an interactive login shell.

This should be optional. Login shell may cause $(pwd) to change, not
to mention, it alters environment.

> If the executed script exits with a non-zero code, MinTTY window

This should be optional.

> shall be kept open

This should be optional.

--