This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: adopt and update libatomic_ops and libgc
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Andy Li <andy at onthewings dot net>
- Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 12:54:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: adopt and update libatomic_ops and libgc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAM-5HMv9qbUM-=450K7RG7J_4yQWCTCOM1Hp5AWbAAs6Hb+s0Q@mail.gmail.com>
On 07/05/2017 13:41, Andy Li wrote:
I would like to adopt and update the now orphaned libatomic_ops and
libgc packages, which is a dependency of the neko package I
The updated cygport files can be found at:
Note that I've split them into separated packages, since the source of
libgc no longer contains a copy of atomic_ops, and they are versioned
independently as well.
Please review and let me know if there is anything to improve.
A comment that we need to correct for this installing it's documentation
into usr/share/libatomic_ops, rather that usr/share/doc/libatomic_ops
might be nice.
This could alternatively be written using a custom src_install which
calls cyginstall then moves the directory, which might be less brittle
to changes in the file list?
This might be an upstream defect if it doesn't respect --docdir?
DEPEND might be better written pkgconfig(atomic_ops)
Again, stuff installed to usr/share/gc/ should probably be moved to
I note we also have libgc-7.2d-2 as non-source package, which just
contains usr/share/doc/Cygwin/libgc.README. That probably needs to be
cleaned up by being obsoleted.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple