This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup 2.878 only processes one site
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 09:22:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: setup 2.878 only processes one site
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 17/05/17 00:14, David Rothenberger wrote:
When I use the new Direct Connection option in setup 2.878, it appears
that setup only downloads the setup.xz file from one of the three sites
I have selected.
Interesting. I don't see anything in the changes since 2.877 that would
have caused this. Can you show a setup.log.full?
Something which might give this impression is that setup will now cache
setup.xz, and only download it if it has changed.
I had no idea anyone actually used this feature of setup. I'm somewhat
sceptical it's making things faster or more reliable, rather than just
downloading the same file 3 times... :)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple