This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
How to get 'Normal' (or higher) version of (x86) vim?
- From: "Frank Slootweg via cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 17:25:05 +0200
- Subject: How to get 'Normal' (or higher) version of (x86) vim?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Frank Slootweg <franks_usenet at yahoo dot co dot uk>
I currently have vim version 8.0.596 from the (x64) package
"vim-8.0.0596-1 - vim: Vi IMproved - enhanced vi editor".
'vi --version' says:
"VIM - Vi IMproved 8.0 (2016 Sep 12, compiled May 12 2017 11:38:40)
Included patches: 1-596
Modified by <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Compiled by <email@example.com>
Small version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):"
From other threads on this list, I understand that vim should at least
be the 'Normal' version or even the 'Huge' version. Or is that only the
case for the x86_64 package? (I have a 64-bit computer/OS (Windows 8.1),
but - at least for the time being - I would like to keep Cygwin at x86.)
I need some options which are in the 'Normal' version, but not in my
current 'Small' version, specifically 'cryptv' and 'comments'
Is there another or earlier package which I can install to get the
'Normal' (or higher) version of vim?
Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple