This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Python2 "narrow" build, Unicode issue in regex package
- From: Václav Haisman <vhaisman at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 10:30:33 +0200
- Subject: Python2 "narrow" build, Unicode issue in regex package
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have recently hit an issue () with Python 2.7 and regex package
for it on Cygwin. It appears that Cygwin's Python 2.7 is so called
narrow build. This causes issues when working with Unicode code point
outside BMP, like the emoji code points in my issue.
Is there a chance Cygwin's Python could be rebuilt as a wide build?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple