This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mintty does not close after "exit" command
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Dani Moncayo <dmoncayo at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 13:05:47 +0300
- Subject: Re: Mintty does not close after "exit" command
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp2m.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <CAH8Pv0iiRvbGcd1_BYTXT+jRmUs_oYMLezVqT5Q6iFN-1QeL4g@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Dani Moncayo!
> subject line says it all.
> I've been experiencing this problem for some months, on windows 10.
> But the problem does not appear in another windows 8.1 system I use.
> To reproduce the problem, just open the standard cygwin terminal (e.g.
> by double-clicking the desktop icon), an then type the "exit" command
> in the bash shell.
> I see a "logout" message for a fraction of a second, then the terminal
> becomes empty (without text), but the mintty window remains visible
> but unresponsive, with the title bar showing "~ (Not Responding)".
Anything suspicious in logout script?
One known cause if it could be reproduced fairly easy with ssh to a remote
host. Once ssh session ends, MinTTY will stick after exit, until you press
With best regards,
Wednesday, May 24, 2017 13:04:08
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple