This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to "lock" package exclusion?
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:12:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: How to "lock" package exclusion?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 6/13/2017 2:39 AM, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote> How can I "lock" package
to prevent intalling even if it is "required".
There's no supported way to do this, but you can try to trick setup into
thinking a package is installed by editing /etc/setup/installed.db.
You'll have to re-do this every time the package is updated. And, of
course, you might break something if it turns out that you really do
need the package.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple