This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: find_fast_cwd error with startxwin on windows 10
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 21:02:28 -0600
- Subject: Re: find_fast_cwd error with startxwin on windows 10
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHC5BrUXfup9LMYOWousy_o2bOV84bjqUCYe+Uirt7mufpH7VQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-06-14 20:28, Sam Mallinson wrote:
> I got the following error code when I tried to run startwin on a
> Windows 10 machine
> 0 [main] startxwin 22764 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
> FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing
This problem was squashed many Cygwin releases ago.
To avoid problems under Windows 10, you should run up to date Cygwin
releases, in case updates are required to OS interfaces.
Run "rebase-trigger full" under Cygwin.
Shut down or exit all Cygwin processes.
Download and run Cygwin Setup.
Allow it to upgrade *ALL* Cygwin packages, and you should accept all
dependency upgrades offered.
Cygwin Setup will upgrade all outdated packages, and in postinstall
processing, will perform a lengthy full autorebase, which may be
necessary when upgrading from an outdated Cygwin release to a current
release under Windows 10.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple