This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
git-2.12.3-1: Cannot push to a remote with a Windows network path URL
- From: Jonathan Chan <jdc dot d3v at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 18:48:32 -0700
- Subject: git-2.12.3-1: Cannot push to a remote with a Windows network path URL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
After updating to git-2.12.3-1, I have been unable to push to a remote
with a Windows network path URL:
$ git push origin
Counting objects: 3, done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 273 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 1), reused 1 (delta 0)
remote: error: object directory
/network/path/to/git-repository/objects does not exist; check
remote: fatal: unresolved deltas left after unpacking
error: remote unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
! [remote rejected] master -> master (unpacker error)
error: failed to push some refs to 'file:////network/path/to/git-repository'
- Fetching works
- Pushing works if I use EGit (in Eclipse)
- Pushing works if I change the remote URL to use a drive mapped to
the network path
Additional searching turned up Issue #979 on git-for-windows:
Issue #979 appears to have been fixed in git and included in
I did not encounter this behavior prior to git-2.12.2-1. This is for x86_64.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple