This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Window Maker issues, launching from cygwin
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: David DLC <drvrddc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:31:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: Window Maker issues, launching from cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJ9=ABrvn8gGsca5UUJ00_j9vmnngxz8-vX2rGM6EJ4-KXiZvQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 27/06/2017 21:05, David DLC wrote:
I have been trying to use WindowMaker with Cygwin, but I'm receiving
some errors. When starting WindowMaker from Windows directly, it will
open for a second, shutting down immediately after that.
If I run startx, the window opens, but I can't click on anything. I
get this output when running startx. There is some kind of error near
the bottom, but I have the .Xresources file in my home directory, so
I'm not sure what's wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc-common: line 20: [: too many arguments
Excessive file argument "Cruz/.Xresources"
I'm guessing this is failing because the pathname of your home directory
has spaces in it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple