This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: XLanuch.exe is a Trojan-It allows remote control of my pc without my knowledge or permission [Reference Link]
- From: Sagar Kapadia <sagar at cloudnineconsulting dot in>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 21:56:44 +0530
- Subject: Re: XLanuch.exe is a Trojan-It allows remote control of my pc without my knowledge or permission [Reference Link]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Sagar Kapadia
> I wish to report that Cygwin.XLaunch.exe is a Trojan and it allows
> remote control of a pc without the users knowledge or permission. I
> installed the cygwin package and the Xwindows server too. However,
> today, I found somebody controlling my pc remotely. I know because the
> mouse behaved erratically and then the XLanuch configuration screen
> came up. I tried to kill it using the Task Manager but it would
> restart. I had to reboot and turn off networking and then delete the
> cygwin folder.
> McAfee did not report this as a Trojan. I have written a mail to
> McAfee notifying them of this issue.
> I dont know if you are aware of this issue or not, but I found it
> serious enough to report.
> to summarize
> XLaunch allows remote control of a pc without the users knowledge or permission.
> Sagar R. Kapadia,
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple