This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Compile/run problems on cygwin not solved by going to cygwin64
- From: "Soegtrop, Michael" <michael dot soegtrop at intel dot com>
- To: Wouter van Doorn <vandoornw at gmail dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 17:42:02 +0000
- Subject: RE: Compile/run problems on cygwin not solved by going to cygwin64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Dlp-product: dlpe-windows
- Dlp-reaction: no-action
- Dlp-version: 10.0.102.7
- References: <CANZ2p_eEUOYm4SWubqOvKewBMQnQcGBdyOVORA2w0c9Y8a6+=A@mail.gmail.com> <CANZ2p_dHOpq1KE3kUvixq6cHj0sk_Qc8de8cgNcf7Y74n1h=KQ@mail.gmail.com>
great that you found the root cause - I was about to try it on some of my cygwin installation.
I would report it as a bug towards the virus scanner manufacturer, that they kill processes without notifying the user. I think users generally want to be informed if the virus scanner thinks that something is a security thread.
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Nicole Lau
Registered Office: Munich
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928