This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
debuginfo Dwarf Error
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 08:22:43 +0200
- Subject: debuginfo Dwarf Error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
while extracting debuginfo on 32 bit gdal dll
$ ls -s cyggdal-20.dll
cygport randomly (moon phase?) is stacked waiting for nm
to extract all the data due to Dwarf Error
$ nm -l cyggdal-20.dll
66e7ab80 b .bssBFD: Dwarf Error: Could not find abbrev number 4838.
On 64bit the issue does not arise and nm does its job in 40 seconds,
for the 32 bit after 8 hours it could be still running.
Changing binutils from 2.25 to 2.28 makes no difference.
The only explanation of the error I found is:
but I do not see a solution for my case.
Any hint really appreciated
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple