Request to the git maintainer

Dear maintainer of git ....

I use CrashPlan as my backup engine.  It has difficulty backing up
files with no "other" access.  Many git locale (.mo) and doc-related
files have permissions 600 (directories 700).  Is there a good reason
for this?  I would think that 644 and 755 access would be fine for
these files, and it would prevent the problems I see with CrashPlan.

For the moment I have changed the access modes locally, but I suspect
that future updates will cause reversion unless this is fixed upstream.

(If there are other files out there in the Cygwin universe whose
"other" access is denied for no good reason, I would ask the same
for them :-) ...)

Regards - Eliot Moss