Re: format=flowed issues [Was: gawk 4.1.4: CR separate char for CRLF files]

On Aug 11 09:15, David Macek wrote:
> On 11. 8. 2017 1:59, Steven Penny wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 16:48:47, Brian Inglis wrote:
> > > Many archives and sites display lines off the right margin instead of allowing
> > > them to wrap as normal in HTML. Possibly using pre format style without
> > > horizontal scrollbars instead of just specifying a monospace font style. That
> > > makes it a site or converter design issue!
> >
> > Nope. Wrong. David has been doing this for over 2 years:
> >
> > http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-01/msg00232.html
> >
> > So it is a user issue. The user must hard wrap because Cygwin site does not.
>
> """
> Nope. Wrong. Cygwin site has been doing this for over 2 years:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-01/msg00232.html
>
> So it is a site issue. The site must wrap because David does not.
> """
>
> In other words, why do you think your argument is correct?  Format=flowed is
> not a new thing<https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2646.txt> and it would be nice
> if the archives site could display it correctly.  I can cooperate on this
> with the maintainer(s) if they're interested.  Essentially, one line of CSS
> should fix it, judging by my quick test.

The archives on sourceware.org are centrally maintained by the
sourceware overseers.  You could send your change suggestion to
overseers AT sourceware DOT org, or you could try to discuss this
on the Freenode #overseers channel.  Just be a bit patient ;)

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat