Re: REVISITED: Signal delivered while blocked

On Aug 16 23:22, Houder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please read this post first:
>
>     https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-08/msg00048.html
>     ( Signal delivered while blocked -- by Noah Misch, August 4th 2017 )
>
> This post is not intended to "hijack" the post by Noah Misch; this post only
> ships an alternative (i.e. revised) testcase for the one by provided by Noah
> Misch.
>
> The alternative testcase in fact consists of 2 testcases (2 files):
>
>  1. sigprocmask-exclusion4.c
>  2. sigprocmask-exclusion5.c

Thanks for the testcases.  This is still a pretty tricky problem and a
few hours of debugging haven't shown anything conclusive.  The signal
code was my former co-maintainer's domain, so I'm not as fluent in
debugging it.

ATM it looks like a race inside of the Cygwin DLL to me.  The checks if
a signal should be handled and the *creation* of the call to the signal
handler (but *not* the actual call to the signal handler) may occur
before the signal is blocked, while the call then occurs after the
blocking.

Anyway, I'm not sure I have enough time to fully immerse into that
problem any time soon.  I'd be not too unhappy if somebody would try to
debug this in the Cygwin DLL, too...

Corinna

Red Hat