Re: Segmentation fault with binutils 2.28.1

On Tue, 3 Oct 2017 07:48:51, Marco Atzeri wrote:
I assume it is one of the reason why the compiler and binutils
you are using are still in test and not current

@ mingw64-x86_64-binutils
version: 2.25.0.1.23f238d-1
[test]
version: 2.28.1.12c1f20d-1

@ mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++
version: 5.4.0-3
[test]
version: 6.3.0-1

Notice carefully that I did not saying anything about GCC 6.3.0 in this thread.
Also notice that you are incorrectly assuming that I am using GCC 6.3.0. The
binutils in question does not work with either 5.4.0 nor 6.3.0.

As you shifted the target from g++ to binutils

I did this because binutils is the problem, not GCC:

- http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-09/msg00289.html
- http://github.com/Martchus/tageditor/issues/23

do you have evidence that 2.29 will solve the issue ?

It seems that both 2.28 and 2.29 both work, so instead of trying to
troubleshoot we should probably just build a newer version and release that as
test:

http://github.com/Martchus/tageditor/issues/23#issuecomment-332686239