No error messages printed out within Windows Command Prompt when shared libraries are not found

On Linux, if I run a program compiled with 'gcc' without the proper shared libraries in path I get the following error message:

> error while loading shared libraries: libxxx.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is expected.

The same happens when running a program compiled with Cygwin on Windows, either using 'gcc' or 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc', but only if I run the program within the Cygwin Terminal.

If I run the program within the Windows Command Prompt, I do not get any error messages (the program simply does not do anything).

Below are the instructions to reproduce the issue.

File 'foo.h':

#ifndef foo_h__
#define foo_h__
extern void foo(void);
#endif  // foo_h__

File 'foo.c':

#include <stdio.h>
void foo(void)
{
    puts("Hello, I'm a shared library");
}

File 'main.c':

#include <stdio.h>
#include "foo.h"
int main(void)
{
    puts("This is a shared library test...");
    foo();
    return 0;
}

Build object file 'foo.o':
x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc -c foo.c

Build shared library 'libfoo.dll':
x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc -shared -o libfoo.dll foo.o

Build executable 'foo.exe':
x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc -o foo.exe main.c libfoo.dll

Rename shared library 'libfoo.dll':
mv libfoo.dll liberror.dll

If you run 'foo.exe' within the Cygwin Terminal you get the error message, if you run it within the Windows Command Prompt you do not get any messages printed out.