Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-

On 2017-10-19 15:26, cyg Simple wrote:
> My assumption is because of config.guess' default.  It isn't incorrect,
> it is a valid assumption.  You cannot have both, it is one or the other.

Your assumption that the default provided by config.guess must match the
one we have chosen is incorrect.  Once you are prepared to accept that,
then we can help address whatever real-world issues you are encountering.

> I've Cc Ben Elliston to give his opinion.  Sorry, Ben.

As the Cygwin maintainer of autotools (and, for that matter, the
majority of our packages), I assure you that no changes are necessary.
Trying to go over my head to upstream to tell me what our triplet should
or shouldn't be is not the way to go about this.

--
Yaakov