Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-

On 2017-10-20 14:53, cyg Simple wrote:
> I appreciate what Yaakov does but I bet these are not built in native
> Cygwin mode so a host must be supplied.  In native mode the default is
> typically used and currently it doesn't match the expected host environment.

You lose the bet.  Every single package I ship is built natively(*) on
Cygwin -- and hence without specifying build or host -- without any such
problems.  (Yes, I do provide a Fedora-to-Cygwin cross-compiler
toolchain, but that is used primarily by those working on the
newlib-cygwin code; I don't use it myself.)

Now, can we start discussing whatever specific issue you encountered,
rather than being stuck on misconceptions?

(*) Obviously my mingw64-* packages aren't "native" but cross-compiled
with --build and --host specified, but they too are built on Cygwin,
with our mingw64 toolchain.

--
Yaakov