Re: Proper way to run emacs from desktop

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> wrote:
> On 11/1/2017 1:08 PM, David Karr wrote:
>>
>> I install Cygwin every couple of years and then use it continuously
>> without updates between those installations.  I installed it on a new
>> laptop today, and I'm trying to work through issues.
>>
>> The current issue is running Emacs from the desktop.
>>
>> I had a shortcut working for a long time that does the following:
>> -------------
>> C:\cygwin64\bin\run2.exe --display 127.0.0.1:0.0 /usr/local/bin/emacs.xml
>>
>> The "run2" application doesn't appear to exist.  I checked my notes,
>> and I can't tell whether I installed this from somewhere else the last
>> time I did this.
>

> Just install the run2 package.  It's still available.

Ok.  I find the search facility in setup somewhat confusing.  I
couldn't find it before. I found it now, and I've installed it.

Then I had to remember the other conversation we had last year about
creating "/usr/local/bin/emacs.xml".  Now all working.

Thanks.