Re: BSD file flags support in Cygwin?

Corinna, thanks for your answer.

My question was largely to confirm my understanding as I probably do not
have time to produce such a patch currently. For the benefit of the
discussion and to assist any future attempts at doing this:

Chflags(2) and friends would be relatively easy to implement. OTOH the
BSD’s and OSX use stat(2) to report file flags in st_flags. Since Cygwin
lacks an st_flags field, we would have to somehow change struct stat to
accommodate it. Do you have guidance on how to handle such a change? Would
you even want such a change? [I suspect not.]

[I know some OS’es have had to deal with stat(2) changes over the years,
but I am not as familiar with Cygwin history.]

Bill