Re: Building ksh93 on cygwin

On 2017-11-20 15:40, Ben Altman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get ksh93 to successfully build on cygwin. My first
> issue was nl_types.h being absent. I installed the catgets package to
> get it and try to rebuild.

Remember build libraries and includes come in ...-devel packages - often
lib...-devel packages.
Package search online or with:

$ cygcheck -p nl_types.h
Found 2 matches for nl_types.h
libcatgets-devel-1.1-2 - libcatgets-devel: catgets message catalog API;
development (installed binaries and support files)
man-pages-posix-2013-a-1 - man-pages-posix: POSIX manual pages (installed
binaries and support files)

Check the package contents online from the package search results or download
and list:

$ tar -tf
mirror/x86_64/release/catgets/libcatgets-devel/libcatgets-devel-1.1-2.tar.bz2
usr/include/
usr/include/nl_types.h
usr/lib/
usr/lib/libcatgets.dll.a
usr/lib/libcatgets.a

> Now it is complaining about  posix_spawnattr_t:
> + cc -D_BLD_STATIC -D_BLD_ast -I.
> -I/home/baltman/ast-beta/src/lib/libast -Icomp
> -I/home/baltman/ast-beta/src/lib/libast/comp -Iinclude
> -I/home/baltman/ast-beta/src/lib/libast/include -Istd
> -I/home/baltman/ast-beta/src/lib/libast/std -D_PACKAGE_ast -c
> /home/baltman/ast-beta/src/lib/libast/misc/spawnvex.c
> /home/baltman/ast-beta/src/lib/libast/misc/spawnvex.c: In function 'spawnvex':
> /home/baltman/ast-beta/src/lib/libast/misc/spawnvex.c:802:2: error:
> unknown type name 'posix_spawnattr_t'
>   posix_spawnattr_t  ax;
>
> I asked about it on https://github.com/att/ast/issues/127 and they
> said I need to look into how/where 'posix_spawnattr_t is defined under
> Cygwin. Would any one here be able to help me out? I am hoping that if
> I can successfully get it to compile then the next step would be to
> follow the steps needed to get it included as a package for cygwin but
> first things first.

$ apropos posix_spawnattr
posix_spawnattr_destroy (3p) - destroy and initialize spawn attributes object
(ADVANCED REALTIME)
posix_spawnattr_getflags (3p) - get and set the spawn-flags attribute of a spawn
attributes object (ADVANCED REALTIME)
posix_spawnattr_getpgroup (3p) - get and set the spawn-pgroup attribute of a
spawn attributes object (ADVANCED REALTIME)
posix_spawnattr_getschedparam (3p) - get and set the spawn-schedparam attribute
of a spawn attributes object (ADVANCE...
posix_spawnattr_getschedpolicy (3p) - get and set the spawn-schedpolicy
attribute of a spawn attributes object (ADVAN...
posix_spawnattr_getsigdefault (3p) - get and set the spawn-sigdefault attribute
of a spawn attributes object (ADVANCE...
posix_spawnattr_getsigmask (3p) - get and set the spawn-sigmask attribute of a
spawn attributes object (ADVANCED REAL...
posix_spawnattr_init (3p) - destroy and initialize spawn attributes object
(ADVANCED REALTIME)
posix_spawnattr_setflags (3p) - get and set the spawn-flags attribute of a spawn
attributes object (ADVANCED REALTIME)
posix_spawnattr_setpgroup (3p) - get and set the spawn-pgroup attribute of a
spawn attributes object (ADVANCED REALTIME)
posix_spawnattr_setschedparam (3p) - get and set the spawn-schedparam attribute
of a spawn attributes object (ADVANCE...
posix_spawnattr_setschedpolicy (3p) - get and set the spawn-schedpolicy
attribute of a spawn attributes object (ADVAN...
posix_spawnattr_setsigdefault (3p) - get and set the spawn-sigdefault attribute
of a spawn attributes object (ADVANCE...
posix_spawnattr_setsigmask (3p) - get and set the spawn-sigmask attribute of a
spawn attributes object (ADVANCED REAL...
$ man posix_spawnattr_init
SYNOPSIS
       #include <spawn.h>

Package search online or with:

$ cygcheck -p spawn.h | fgrep -- -devel
cygwin-devel-2.8.2-1 - cygwin-devel: Core development files
cygwin-devel-2.9.0-2 - cygwin-devel: Core development files
cygwin-devel-2.9.0-3 - cygwin-devel: Core development files

Check the package contents online from the package search results or download
and list:

$ tar -tf mirror/x86_64/release/cygwin/cygwin-devel/cygwin-devel-2.9.0-3.tar.xz
usr/include/spawn.h