Re: cmake install; required cyglz4-1.dll not installed in /usr/bin or anywhere else

Please read http://cygwin.com/problems.html#personal-email, particularly the section starting "Shouldn't I just send email to straight to a Cygwin developer or package maintainer?"

On 05/12/2017 00:37, Vijaya Subramanian wrote:
When I try to run cmake, I get the following error message:
C:/cygwin64/bin/cmake.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I found online that the solution was run "cygcheck cmake" and see if there are missing dll files. It does say cyglz4_1.dll is missing.If there is any other reason why running cmake gives the above error message, I'ld be happy to implement the solution/fix.
Thanks in advanceVijaya

The dependency on liblz4 exists, so setup should have installed this package.

It might be worthwhile looking at /var/log/setup to see if there are any indications of why this didn't happen.