Re: Console buffer width always 1 column less than setting

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 15:09:10, Steven Penny wrote:
I found a fix to this problem. Create a file "cygwin-xenl.terminfo":

    cygwin-xenl|cygwin eat_newline_glitch,
      xenl,
      use=cygwin,

Compile and install the file:

    tic cygwin-xenl.terminfo

Add line to "~/.profile" or similar:

    TERM=cygwin-xenl

to any who might have used this solution - i discovered a bad side effect

when searching man pages, if you use the "/" operator - the first matching line
is removed, and you are brought to the following line - then if you try to
scroll up - the previous lines are there but not the matching line

subsequent matching lines are shown as expected - this is for my custom terminal
above and any terminal using "xenl" - not sure what a workaround for this is
other than dont use "xenl" and deal with the missing column per the original
issue.