Re: Monit Compilation Errors

Hello again,

Yes, you are right, --ansi have undesirable effects like:

In file included from src/net.h:30:0,
                 from src/p.y:120:
src/monit.h:124:1: error: C++ style comments are not allowed in ISO C90
 //FIXME: we can export this type in libmonit
 ^
etc ...

Finally, fter switching to the 32bits cygwin version (-m32 in cygwin64
generated more errors), and modifying Lync.c , monit has been compiled
again for this version.

$ ./monit.exe --version
This is Monit version 5.25.1
Built without ssl, without ipv6, with compression, without pam and without
large                                                        files
Copyright (C) 2001-2017 Tildeslash Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

And the http service works:

http://localhost:2812
user: admin, pwd: monit
Monit Service Manager Running

What are the next steps? Try to compile for the 64bits version? Both
packages are required or only one? In that case, the 64bits cygwin
installer can install the 32 bits monit version?

Thanks a lot for your time.
Regards.