This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cpan broken ???
- From: Csaba Raduly <rcsaba at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin list <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 16:00:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: cpan broken ???
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CGME20180205135913eucas1p11d0a725dfc95efd35c6264c4a06af748@eucas1p1.samsung.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20180205144537.GB2376@jbsupah>
On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 3:45 PM, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
> On 05.02.18,16:59, Pavel Fedin wrote:
>> I am trying to install a Perl module via CPAN and it fails:
>> --- cut ---
>> Warning: prerequisite Test::Warn 0 not found.
>> Could not load PERL_YAML_BACKEND 'YAML'
>> at /usr/share/perl5/5.26/CPAN/Meta.pm line 622.
>> Warning: No success on command[/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL]
>> /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL -- NOT OK
>> --- cut ---
>> I've just updated; the system is x86-64. How to fix this?
> You can try "sudo cpan install YAML" first on the command line. Also
> check that you have 'make' installed.
/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL -- NOT OK
I believe 'make' was not run at all. Maybe something (either the
package or CPAN itself) needs YAML.
GCS a+ e++ d- C++ ULS$ L+$ !E- W++ P+++$ w++$ tv+ b++ DI D++ 5++
The Tao of math: The numbers you can count are not the real numbers.
Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts.
"Ok, it boots. Which means it must be bug-free and perfect. " -- Linus Torvalds
"People disagree with me. I just ignore them." -- Linus Torvalds
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple