This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "ls" doesn't show postscript files any longer
- From: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: siegmar dot gross at informatik dot hs-fulda dot de
- Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 23:34:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: "ls" doesn't show postscript files any longer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 12:24:24, Siegmar Gross wrote:
> I'm using Cygwin on top of Windows 7 (all updates installed).
> "ls" doesn't show postscript files any longer after upgrading
> all installed Cygwin packages to the latest versions. I create
> the postscript file with MS Word 2003 using the "HP Color LJ
> 4550 PS" driver and printing to a file. In the past these files
> were visible.
> hermes temp 10 uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1 hermes 2.10.0(0.325/5/3) 2018-02-02 15:16 x86_64 Cygwin
> hermes temp 11 ls
> hermes temp 12 ls *.ps
> ls: No match.
> hermes temp 13 ls chap4.ps
> hermes temp 14 file chap4.ps
> chap4.ps: PJL encapsulated PostScript document text
> hermes temp 15
> Does anybody know why I don't see the existing file any longer?
Please, do as suggested by Marco Atzeri.
- stop everything "Cygwin" related, and
- replace the cygwin1.dll by the one you will find here
Download https://cygwin.com/snapshots/x86_64/cygwin1-20180216.dll.xz and
extract the cygwin1.dll.
As verification of what Marco believes to be the culprit, I "printed" to a file
from Word 2007.
This file proved to be "invisible" for ls (but not to the cmd's dir command).
The Windows Explorer shows that the file has the T attribute ... You may use
properties > details to verify if the same is true for chap4.ps
After replacing the cygwin1.dll with the latest version, the file "reappeared"
again to ls.
Please, report back here (using BOTTOM-posting - as I do here).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple