Re: [bug-gawk] gawk Regression: CR characters are not stripped on Windows

> On Mar 5, 2018, at 2:58 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>
> Greetings, <redacted>
>
>> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Arnold,

>>> __MSYS__ vs. __CYGWIN__
>>>

>>> Corinna
>>
>> Excellent. I will probably do that, soon.
>
> Keep in mind that you should avoid relying on __CYGWIN__ if possible.
> Only if certain POSIX mandated functionality could not be implemented at all
> using WinAPI you may go for this macro to work around compatibility issues.

https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR (see <redacted> above, which
wasn’t redacted in your reply).
(And Arnold, you did the same thing with Corinna’s email address.)

Keep in mind that it was Corinna answering the question. Given the subject of this
discussion, and that Corinna gave the answer, he doesn’t really need to “avoid
relying on __CYGWIN__”.