Re: Filemode change by windows applications

On 3/28/2018 10:27 AM, Kjetil Østerås wrote:

Do you know where I can find documentation or source code that describes
the mapping that cygwin implements?

See: https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html

This is referenced in the Cygwin FAQ.

It's complicated, but I think the doc explains it.  Corinna (or someone)
can correct us if the doc is not up to date ...

As for source code, all the source for Cygwin is available.  Probably
not for the average user of Cygwin to try to dig into, since you need
pretty deep knowledge of both Windows APIs and of Posix semantics, but
everything is there, and useful patches will always be considered.

Regards - Eliot