This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: msmtp depends on Gnome!?
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Stephen Paul Carrier <carrier at berkeley dot edu>, Jari Aalto <jari dot aalto at cante dot net>
- Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 18:00:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: msmtp depends on Gnome!?
- References: <20180328215009.GB3763@zebra>
On 28/03/2018 22:50, Stephen Paul Carrier wrote:
Dear cygwin people,
msmtp is billed as a light-weight SMTP client and I would like to use
it with cron instead of ssmtp.
What's not light-weight is its dependency on libgnome-keyring0 which
has more dependencies that eventually bring in Gnome. This is for a
Is it possible to remove or replace this dependency so that msmtp can
be installed without enlarging the size of the install by such a factor?
Thanks for pointing this out.
These dependencies just seem to be out of date.
According to , msmtp hasn't required gnome-keyring since 1.6.0. It's
capable of using libsecret instead, but our package doesn't seem to be
built with support for that.
Additionally, 1.6.6-1 is built against libgnutls30, but libgnutls28 is
listed as dependency.
I adjusted these dependencies on sourceware.
Please check your local copy and/or double-check these going forwards.
Also, msmtp 1.6.6-1 doesn't seem to have been built for x86, at all.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple